One thing we all have in common is the need to eat food. Some of us also have a strong need/desire to read about food. I’m one of them, are you? Such people are known as Foodies – people who love to talk, read, watch food tv, or anything else with a food theme.
If that description fits you, I invite you to join me in the Foodie’s Reading Challenge for 2011. Together we’ll explore the world of good food writing. That may take the form of a cookbook or a biography or even a novel centered around food. (See the definition for a food book in the right sidebar.)
Here’s how it works:
1. Decide how many food books you want to read in 2011 and choose your level of reading. Keep in mind this is a challenge – a throw-down. Go a bit beyond what you think you can really do. Levels:
- Nibbler: 1 to 3 books
- Bon Vivant: 4 to 6 books
- Epicurean: 7 to 9 books
- Gourmet: 10 to 12
- Glutton: More than 12
2. Grab the challenge button and write a post on your blog so we can spread the word. No blog? That’s okay. Sign up in the comments section.
3. As you read each book for the challenge, come back here and tell us about it. On January 1st I’ll provide pages so you can post links for your reviews. Non-bloggers will use the comment section.
- You don’t need a pre-selected list of books.
- Crossing over with other challenges is fine.
- Any book format is allowed (print, audio, ebook)
To encourage you to return here and tell us what you read, there will be a prize at the end of each quarter. I’ll use Random.org to select from all the books you tell us about. Each book read will be one more chance to win.
Sign Up Here: Sign in using Mr. Linky below. Put your name or blog name on the first line and your blog address on the second line. Non-bloggers will use the comment section.